[Icecast] Directory Listing on http://dir.xiph.org/

Scott Winterstein 0turn1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 17:24:21 UTC 2013

Hello everyone!

I am having a issue with what I am doing wrong here to get listed in
the xiph.org public directory. I have the newest
icecast-2.3.99.3_beta3, loaded on a Win7 box acting as server, and
using BUTT to encode the source at 32kbps, mono, .mp3, from VLC
playlists. I have the server config set to public, and have this code
in the icecast.xml file:

    <directory>
        <yp-url-timeout>15</yp-url-timeout>
        <yp-url>http://dir.xiph.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi</yp-url>
    </directory>

The Server:
http://168.103.47.57:8000

The Stream:
http://168.103.47.57:8000/stream.mp3

The Website:
www.dlradio.org

I can never locate our Station in the public listing.

Is there something I am missing here? I am curious if  need to replace the

        <yp-url>http://dir.xiph.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi</yp-url>

with

        <yp-url>"my script to parse our listing information"</yp-url>

?, and if so can someone send me example source? I appreciate your time and help

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Scott Winterstein