[Icecast] settings for ices with ubuntu 13.10 on VPS

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Thu Nov 14 16:39:26 UTC 2013

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013, "Thomas B. Rücker" wrote:

> Just as a side note, depending on the virtualization used, real time
> reencoding of audio is quite error prone. The stream will get corrupted
> due to timing jitter or something like that.
> If you are just going through a playlist of ogg vorbis files with ices2
> and don't reencode, then everything should be fine.

I've seen several people report problems like this, but I've never
experienced it.  I run an Internet radio station on a VM.  Our automation
encodes, adds dynamic compression and does crossfading, as well as
transcoding to a narrowband stream, and it copes nicely.  Of course, if I
start up more encoder processes, I run into trouble, but this works for
me.

to the original poster, maybe post the link to your stream if you're
comfortable doing that, and we can see if it works for any of us.

Geoff.