[Icecast] Query related to icecast server version 2.3.2

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Sat May 18 08:48:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

please note that the strongly preferred email format is plain text on
mailing lists such as this. It makes reading and answering much easier.
Thanks.

On 05/18/2013 08:24 AM, H.DEVI SHREE wrote:
> I'm a newbie to work at icecast server.

Then please make sure you've read and understood the documentation at:
http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.3.2/

> My required application is to play songs through different
> channels(approximately 100) at the icecast server with source client.

That should be no problem at all for Icecast to handle. I know of
instances that have >1000 streams.

> I gone through the link www.icecast.org , and got some idea related to
> my requirement. And also i have gone through a video for streaming
> audio in icecast server and tried with the same. Almost i got it with
> the combination of icecast server, butt and ffmp3 player by watching
> that video, but at the final stage i couldn't able to stream the
> playlist, some problem with source client i guess.

It's hard to guess what's going wrong. But I'd suggest to examine the
logs and output for all of the involved applications.
In case of Icecast check error.log and also check if the stream is
listed on the web interface. If it doesn't appear, then it's not
connected (except when 'hidden' was explicitly set).

> Now i just want to know the prerequisites packages mentioned under
> documents section in the link and those packages are given below:
>
> " libxml2 - http://xmlsoft.org/downloads.html
>   libxslt - http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/downloads.html
>   curl - http://curl.haxx.se/download.html (>= version 7.10 required)"
>
> These prerequisites packages how it is related to icecast server. Please do reply asap, it is appreciated.

You say that you have Icecast already running. That would mean, that
those are of no concern to you.

If you don't have Icecast installed, then yes, those are required, but
should be automatically satisfied if you install a distribution package.
Which again would mean, that the above is of no concern to you.
Please refer to this page for further details about installing a
distribution package:
http://icecast.org/download.php#binary_packages

Should you have more questions, please send them to the mailing list.
Thanks.

Thomas B. Ruecker