[Icecast] Icecast 2.4 beta2 release

"Thomas B. Rücker" thomas at ruecker.fi
Sat Mar 30 11:57:21 UTC 2013

This is to announce the release of Icecast 2.4 beta2 (aka 2.3.99.2).

We've landed some important features and we're looking forward to testing and feedback.
As this is a beta release please discuss it on the icecast-dev mailing list.
(Please do NOT cross-post to both lists, do not reply to the icecast mailing list).

New features -

     Now compiles for win32 using mingw
     Added options "headers" and "header_prefix" to URL based listener auth.
     Updated listener_remove handler:
       added ip= and agent=,
       Some cleanup && made code more uniform,
       avoid int for size_t vars.
       close #1422 #1422
     Allow full URLs to be returned by the master server. close #1878
     Highly experimental HTTP PUT support. ref #1812
       We are handling it the same as we would handle a SOURCE request.
       Due to legacy code, sender MUST send proper content-type header,
       if content type is not audio/mpeg!
       Can be tested using real-time encoded output and piping it into:
         | curl -u username:password -H "Content-type: application/ogg" \
         -T - http://localhost:8000/mountname.ogg
       Note that this example has ZERO timing, so a simple 'cat *.ogg' will fail.
       Whatever feeds the pipe must do it at proper timing for real-time playback!

Bugfixes -

     Send proper HTTP headers in responses to clients. close #1639, see #1870 and #1885.
     corrected Content-Length: header in admin (raw) requests.
       Thanks to paluh for reporting.
     Escape log entries in access log (close: #1916 some fixes still pending)

For details, please refer to the ChangeLog!

There's more and significant changes in the pipe-line before the final 2.4, so stay tuned.

Notes:
If you used % in your dump-file names so far, this release might break that due to the strftime support since beta1.

Cheers

Thomas B. Ruecker