[Icecast] problem with ices 0.4 and playlist scripting

The Sky Dancer skydancer at blazingstarradio.com
Fri Mar 29 21:44:00 UTC 2013

hello all,

   I have been using ices V0.4 successfully with the built-in playlist handler for a couple of years now, but I recently decided I’d like a bit more control over what is played and when.  I’ve read as much as I could find on the internet about doing this. I’ve written a php script to connect to, and query a MySQL database for the tracks to play.  When I run the php script manually from the shell prompt it seems to work perfectly.  Yet, when I attempt to get ices to use it things seem to be working for a little while, but then I get the  following strange error on the console:
Segmentation fault
This occurs immediately after Ices reports startup complete. ices.log shows no errors just startup complete.
  I will be happy to provide any further information that is needed if I can.
  Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thanks in advance for any help you can offer.  by the way, I apologize if I’ve sent this to the wrong list, but I wasn’t sure where to go with this.

Kind regards,
Ben
** Programmers don't repeat themselves, they loop! **