[Icecast] Icecast relay as a source to another icecast?

telmnstr at 757.org telmnstr at 757.org
Sat Mar 2 09:07:30 UTC 2013

> Your best bet in such a case is to use an external solution.
> I'd probably go with liquidsoap as that should be able to take the
> stream as is and just push it to the remote server.

Apparently Liquidsoap cannot forward an icecast stream without
re-encoding.

As nutty as it seems, VLC might be the solution with the acopy operator. I
need to look into the icecast output plugin to make sure it can do copy
and not encode.

Damn you VLC. You're command lines are painful but you're oh so handy.