[Icecast] Newbie Questions

Derek Jones derek at derekjones.net
Wed Jul 31 07:46:46 UTC 2013

Hi

Many thanks for providing this software.

I have version v2.0.0 b1023 installed on a QNAP NAS. The station is working fine (http://digitalcarnage.myqnapcloud.com:8002/stream). However I do have a few questions.

How do I submit my station to the Icecast directory? I may have got it wrong but I understood that the application submitted it automatically? Or do I have to submit/create and XML file etc.

The MP3 link works fine at http://digitalcarnage.myqnapcloud.com:8002 but the XSPF link returns: "Could not parse XSLT file"  What have I missed here.

I have had a good look around for this one so I'm guessing its a "no" but can you have multiple streams? through the same port/server?

Finally, and this is finally. I'd like to get a better understanding of Relay Servers and how they are used in IceStation and also "Mounts" What they are and how to use them.

Kind regards

Del

------
Derek Jones Stage and Television Lighting Design (http://www.derekjones.net/), Video and Production Management

See the blog (http://conistonmedia.webhop.net/wordpress/)

See the pictures (http://conistonmedia.webhop.net/piwigo/index.php?/category/derek-jones-lighting)

The Web site: www.derekjones.net (http://www.derekjones.net/)
+44 (0)7957 140 512
+44 (0)208 133 4644
Skype: deljones
See my Microsoft MCSE Certification (https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/derekjones/interactivecard)

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It may not represent the views of Derek Jones.
It is intended solely for the addressees.
Access to this E-Mail by anyone else is unauthorised, and probably against the law.
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of the error in transmission, if you can be bothered.