[Icecast] Icecast client for Android

Ray Lutz raylutz at cognisys.com
Wed Jan 2 21:57:09 UTC 2013

The problem with the embedded media players is they usually are modal,
i.e. you can't do anything else, and when you say stop, it does not
really disconnect from the stream. I found even if I completely powered
down, and removed the battery, it was still streaming (using an icecast
slot) for at least 5 minutes. And, those are somewhat unreliable when it
comes to reconnecting if you drive through dead spots.  A good app like
those provided by Nobex do a good job of reconnecting after going
through those dead spots.