[Icecast] Icecast2 and Ices2 on Pentium III with Debian 6.0

Rücker Thomas thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
Sat Sep 1 19:37:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 29/08/12 15:32, José Luis Artuch wrote:
> On a PC Pentium III I had a audio server working properly with Icecast2
> and Ices2, running on Debian 5.0 (Lenny).
> Now I've upgraded to Debian 6.0 (Squeeze) and after a few seconds of
> running everything correctly, successive cuts begin to occur in the
> audio.
> For Debian 6.0 I have used the same settings for Icecast2 and Ices2 I
> used in Debian 5.0.
> Increasing "burst" only managed to delay the start of successive cuts.
> Is there any way to achieve proper operation of Icecast2 and Ices2 on
> Debian 6.0 on a Pentium III ?.

You might want to double-check if pulse-audio is installed. If yes,
consider removing it.

Aside from that you might want to monitor CPU usage using e.g. 'top'.
This could be also related to how in-kernel support of your sound-card
has changed.

Hope that helps.

Thomas

PS: Please make sure you are subscribed to the mailing list to receive
all answers regarding your question: