[Icecast] Code documantation

Rücker Thomas thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
Thu Nov 8 15:20:18 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 08/11/12 15:43, Md. Rizvi Hasan wrote:
> Hi
> I have started using Icecast and Ices. I am now
> pretty curious about tempering the code and fix and help you guys in
> development and bug fix.

That sounds nice. We welcome help and patches. Please subscribe to
icecast-dev http://lists.xiph.org/mailman/listinfo/icecast-dev
We use that mailing list and the #icecast IRC channel to discuss ongoing
development.

> I have nearly 5 years of experience in SW development in .NET and
> working with free source projects is my hobby.
While most of our code is cross-platform there might be acouple of
windows specific things where your experience might come in handy. For
example we're switching to mingw builds for windows, but need to figure
out how to ensure that the Icecast executable can be started as a
Windows service.

> So can you please provide me some links and docs regarding the Ices
> code so that i can start going through the code quickly possible.

http://www.icecast.org/svn.php - has instructions for icecast sources.
ices sources are also there just need to change the url slightly:

svn co http://svn.xiph.org/icecast/trunk/ices ices

Open tickets can be found here:
https://trac.xiph.org/report/9
Please ask on IRC or the mailing list before taking a ticket and working on it if it's not clearly marked as free to take and work on.

It would be very much appreciated if you could introduce yourself and what you're planning to do on the developer mailing list. That helps to align work and avoids problems.

Cheers

Thomas

PS: Please notice that the mailing lists don't explicitly set reply-to, so check that your mail client sends back to the list and not to the original sender.