[Icecast] Listener Stats getting wrong IP

José Luis Artuch artuch at speedy.com.ar
Mon Nov 5 13:57:05 UTC 2012

Kurt, thank you very much for the reply.
Now I am listening AMR.Alaska  :)

The address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: 8000 is to access the modem/router and
configure it. I tried to change it but I can not find the way.

With Icecast server running on port 8500, listeners data (ID, browser,
OS, etc.) are correct, except your IP:
http://www.fmcristal3arroyos.com.ar/z/irudi.php

I do not understand what is the problem.

El lun, 05-11-2012 a las 06:24 -0700, Kurt escribió:

> Okay, Am on desk top so I can address better
> Example, AmericanMusicansRadio.com is a web site that uses port 80 to
> respond to... Standard HTML port.
> When Flash is loaded to play, it loads AmrStream.com:8000. Thus ice
> cast thinks the port of origin is AmericanMusiciansRadio.com and all I
> see in the statistics is the IP of the webserver.
> So the trick is, you want IceCast to listen to Port 8000, thus the
> content from the HTML (ie. browser, ip OS ect) has the data and it
> becomes part of the stats
> Otherwise, IceCast will do what I have shown in my example
> So. Have IceCast listen on the port they are coming into
>
> Kurt
> LSDcode.com
> 801.599.1227

I am confused.... if folks are coming in at 8000,
and is cast is listening on 8500, then the point of origin is 8500 not
8000, thus ice cast is thinking its all local
Amrstream.com:8000