[Icecast] Jack trouble- cannot lock etc/passwd (Icecast/IDJC)

Paul Martin pm at nowster.me.uk
Wed Jun 13 19:25:24 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 08:27:02AM -0700, Mavoy wrote:
> OK, it worked, I added myself to the group, but now when I try to connect
> with JACK (both in the terminal and QjackCtl) I have:
> "Jack is running in realtime mode, but you`re not allowed to use realtime
> scheduling. After applying these changes, logout etc."

If you have the directory /etc/security/limits.d/ then create a file
in there called audio.conf and put the following in it.  Otherwise edit
/etc/security/limits.conf and add the following lines.

@audio          -       rtprio          80
@audio          -       memlock         51200
@audio          -       nice            -10

Log out and log back in again, then type "ulimit -r".  That should
output the number 80.

--
Paul Martin <pm at nowster.me.uk>