[Icecast] stream/ices_instance_stream Failed initial connect to 172.16.0.116:8000 (Login failed: Success

Rücker Thomas thomas.ruecker at tieto.com
Tue Dec 25 14:03:49 UTC 2012

On 25/12/12 12:17, Philipp Schafft wrote:
> reflum,
>
> On Mon, 2012-12-24 at 20:40 -0600, Don Soad wrote:
>> I configure icecast wih pretty much default configuration and changed
>> on my /etc/icecast/icecast.conf :
>>
>> encoder_password qwQ4N.9cD37ag admin_password   qwQ4N.9cD37ag
>> oper_password    qwQ4N.9cD37ag
> Are you using icecast 1.x? We _very_, _very_ strongly recommend to
> upgrade your icecast (to 2.3.3)!

apt-get purge icecast-server
apt-get install icecast2

If you want to have the latest version, you'll have to get the debian
source package for that from SID and rebuild it locally.

The proper config file is located at: /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml
Changes take effect after either HUPing the icecast process or
restarting it.

Also just to make sure: in neither config file the password is hashed.
It's always plain text.
If you are following some sort of 'howto', then it's outdated.

Cheers

Thomas