[Icecast] Icecast2 and Ices2 on Pentium III with Debian 6.0

José Luis Artuch artuch at speedy.com.ar
Wed Aug 29 12:32:09 UTC 2012

Hello.
On a PC Pentium III I had a audio server working properly with Icecast2
and Ices2, running on Debian 5.0 (Lenny).
Now I've upgraded to Debian 6.0 (Squeeze) and after a few seconds of
running everything correctly, successive cuts begin to occur in the
audio.
For Debian 6.0 I have used the same settings for Icecast2 and Ices2 I
used in Debian 5.0.
Increasing "burst" only managed to delay the start of successive cuts.
Is there any way to achieve proper operation of Icecast2 and Ices2 on
Debian 6.0 on a Pentium III ?.
Thank you very much in advance.
zenbaki