[Icecast] streaming to broadband and modem users and an intro file

TheDarkener thedarkener at logicalnetworking.net
Sun Sep 11 15:54:03 UTC 2011

Hi Dave,

I think I remember reading how to do intros in the Icecast2 docs:

http://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.3.2/icecast2_config_file.html

<intro>/intro.ogg</intro>

With my (limited) icecast knowledge I think the easiest thing to do
would be to have a separate "low bandwidth" and "high" bandwidth
mountpoint - everything would be the same except for the bitrate.

I might be wrong, but I doubt you can have a file play on disconnect.
That would be like trying to say 'goodbye' to someone who has already
hung up the phone.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Jordan

On 09/11/2011 07:35 AM, David Mehler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got an icecast2 server set up. I'm streaming to it with winamp
> and the edcast plugin my thanks to everyone who helped me get that
> going. An aside is it possible to use a compressor plugin like
> audiostocker on an outbound stream going through edcast? I've googled
> that this is possible with winamp and shoutcast servers but not seeing
> how to run two dsp plugins to an icecast server.
>
> I'd like to send out two streams, same content in each one for
> broadband DSL, cable, etc. users, the other for modem users, i'm going
> to say no modem below a 56k just to make my life easier. Do I have to
> enable separate stream configurations in icecast or can I get this all
> with one stream?
>
> Finally, wondering if it's possible to insert or play a file mp3 or
> ogg on user connect like a stream introduction and possibly on user
> disconnect?
>
> Thanks.
> Dave.

Jordan (PGP: 0xDA470FF8)