[Icecast] Winamp streaming to icecast2

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon Sep 5 10:49:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011, David Mehler wrote:

> I'm trying to set up winamp to stream a live event to an icecast2
> server. I've got the icecast2 server set up, and to date have streamed
> playlists only via ices0 or ices2, now I'm wanting to stream live
> using winamp.

Ifyou don't actually need to play music form Winamp but just need to
stream a live event from the soundcard, you don't need Winamp at all.
You can simply use Edcast stand-alone to do this.  If you do need to play
music as well, you can use the Winamp plugin version.
http://users.tpg.com.au/radiorio/ - you may also need some kind of linein
plugin if you need to talk or stream soundcard audio.

> Software wise, I'm needing to use free or open source software, the
> icecast2 server is a Linux machine, the Winamp will be on either a
> Win7 or a WinXP machine.

Edcast is open source.

> I'm also needing to make archives of the stream. Has anyone done
> this/have any suggestions?

Edcast can archive your outgoing stream for you.

Geoff.