[Icecast] Extra stream

Chip chiapas at aktivix.org
Fri May 20 06:53:15 UTC 2011

On 20 May 2011 05:30, Jack Raats <jack at jarasoft.net> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> At this moment I'm running a stream on 128kbps.
> I want to add the same stream on 24 kbps.
> Can this be done on the server using icecast?
> Or do I have to use another programm.

The streamTranscoder is a multi-platform utility which can be used to
transcode media streams from one format to another, and from one
server type to another. It will read in streams of type MP3 and Vorbis
from most servers (Icecast, Icecast2, Shoutcast), convert it into
various formats, and send to various streaming servers.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/streamtranscoder

> Thanks for your time.

No problem.