[Icecast] Nicecast (Mac) to Icecast/Icecast2

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Mon Mar 21 22:33:21 UTC 2011

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011, DJ wrote:

> I have a problem configuring my NiceCast to work with my IceCast
> server.  Perhaps one of you can tell me how to solve the described issue
> I currently have.

This looks like a networking issue of some sort.

Unfortunately, you didn't give us the IP address of your iMac, nor did you
tell us where gateways A and B send things to.

Having two gateways on a network can create for interesting issues, so
maybe explain why you have two gateways.

On the face of it, every machine has a 10.10.10.x address, so a netmask of
255.255.255.0 for every device should mean that everything should see
everything else.  But I'm guessing it's not that simple.

Geoff.