[Icecast] information

Andres Gonzalez acandido at hi-iberia.es
Tue Jan 18 18:07:13 UTC 2011

Hello from Spain,

On 15/01/11 11:51, Howard Gonzalez wrote:
> Hello everybody, i'm new en icecast, in fact, i don't know nothing
> about this software.
>
> I'm Nicaraguan, in Central America. This Radio
> http://www.radio-corporacion.com/principal.php is a local radio. They
> use icecast from http://radioneer.com:8750/, but I don´t know what to
> do for add my radio http://www.radiocamoapa.com to
> http://radioneer.com:8750/ and i can use its streaming without to have
> what download m3u file. What do i have to do ?? Thanks.

So, if I understand you, you have a radio (this is, you collaborate in
the production of that radio) and want to "broadcast" it also through
http://radioneer.com:8750/ , right?

If I'm not missing something, you need a PC with some soundcard that
allows you to record the sound from your radio, some basic live
recording software, and a tool like oggfwd, VLC, or ices, to send this
audio to them. You need also to get in contact ith the people who manage
radioneer.com, in order to get the Icecast password that allows you to
send your streaming.

Sorry, I don't understand the problem with m3u files.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Andrés
> --