[Icecast] We can not start up icecast

Paul Martin pm at nowster.me.uk
Wed Feb 23 13:29:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 05:13:57AM -0800, Luis Barrett wrote:

> THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION...WE TRIED A FEW THINGS AND BASICALLY THINGS
> RESULTED IN THE SAME ERROR...

Please don't shout. ALL CAPITALS is shouting.

>         <on-connect>/home/icecast/bin/stream-start</on-connect>
>         <on-disconnect>/home/icecast/bin/stream-stop</on-disconnect>

Do you need these? Do /home/icecast/bin/stream-start and
/home/icecast/bin/stream-stop exist, and do they execute without
errors? Try without them. You can always add them back later.

Do you need the master-* entries? If you're running a stand-alone
server, you shouldn't need them. (I mean master-server,
master-server-port, etc.)

--
Paul Martin <pm at nowster.me.uk>