[Icecast] Icecast start up script for icecast

Erick Johnson ejohnson82 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 06:10:04 UTC 2011

sorry, for the dup email here... my first reply was composed as html...

I think you should read 'man chown', it looks to me as though
the first command you got from Fu Kite may have been a typo,
unless there is something i don't know about putting a '.' between
the user and group name in chown.

i think what you wanted to do was (notice the colon):

$ chown -R sphynx:sphynx /var/log/icecast

also showing us an:

$ ls -al /var/log/icecast

would be very helpful.