[Icecast] Icecast start up script for icecast

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sun Feb 20 20:25:30 UTC 2011

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011, Luis Barrett wrote:

> We already have icecast install we our just trying to it started. In the
> icecast started script we need the icecast.pid file
> and we just want to know were in the directory is the icecast.pid file or do
> we have to create one if we do in which directory?

The Icecast PID file will be created by Icecast itself when it is started.

The location of the file is defined in the config file icecast.xml.

If it's not there or commented out, it appears that no PID file is created
(i.e. that there's no default location).  I say this because my running
Icecast server on my home machine doesn't seem to have one and it's
commented out in the config file.

I guess you can put it anywhere, but there's probably a standard location
for such things and it may even be specified in your config file.

Geoff.