[Icecast] Getting an Icecast error

michel memeteau michel.memeteau at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 13:25:13 UTC 2011

2011/2/16 Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>:
>>> I was able to run ./configure and make commands without any issues but when
>>> I ran the make install command an error
>>
>> Sorry if it has been answered already , but why are you compiling
>> yourself instead of using your package manager  ? You want specific
>> versions of dependencies ? Specific Patches ?
>
> Well, that's what I was about to suggest as well :)
>
> Get the source package for your distro, and rebuild from
> that!

Soooo .... :-)

let's face it , it's been a week luis tries to install icecast on
redhat. For some reason he couldn't install the binay packages and
then try to compile himself.

Luis, tell us what's wrong with installing using the redhat package
Manager ? I just read here

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-enterprise-47/need-help-to-install-icecast-862450/#post4257125

that you could not find it ? Did you pay your redHat subscription ?

--
web perso : http://memeteau.com
Visio/jabber/GTalk : xmpp:freechelmi at jabber.fr