[Icecast] Dose anyone know how to install icecast on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Sun Feb 13 22:56:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011, Luis Barrett wrote:

> To: icecast at xiph.org
> From: Luis Barrett <getpaid00 at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Icecast] Dose anyone know how to install icecast on Red Hat
>     Enterprise Linux ES release 4
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm starting an online internet radio station and my
> server Linux Distro is Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release
> 4 (Nahant Update 4) and I want to install icecast so I can
> stream music and video onto my website. I already check
> the package manger to see if it was there and it was not
> so how do I install icecast?

Check out the EPEL repo for version 4 packages.

http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/4/

Are you running 32bit or 64 bit OS?

Please see the preceeding posts to Huw for more details

(Re: [Icecast] Icecast startup script for Centos 5.5)

HTH

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net