[Icecast] Icecast startup script for Centos 5.5

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Sun Feb 13 22:48:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011, Huw - Junglised wrote:

> To: Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>
> From: Huw - Junglised <contact at junglised.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: [Icecast] Icecast startup script for Centos 5.5
>
> Ive just tried running that but I'm getting this error:
>
> [root at junglised ~]# rpm -ivh
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/i386/icecast-2.3.2-4.el5.i386.rpm
> Retrieving
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/i386/icecast-2.3.2-4.el5.i386.rpm
> error: skipping
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/i386/icecast-2.3.2-4.el5.i386.rpm
> - transfer failed - Unknown or unexpected error
> warning: u 0x1996d580 ctrl 0x19970780 nrefs != 0
> (download.fedoraproject.org http)
>
> I'm guessing its because my VPS is 64 bit? If it's the case I'll do a
> fresh install of the 32bit version.

Sorry - I assumed you were running 32 bit Centos.

Here's the link for 64 bit:

http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/icecast-2.3.2-4.el5.x86_64.rpm

However, there is no 64 bit ices-cc slient. You will need to
get that from somewhere else on the net, or rebuild from
source!

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net