[Icecast] merge/mix or replace two audio streams

k. kloschi at subsignal.org
Sun Feb 13 20:02:33 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 06:14 -0800, Vieri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find a way to implement the following:
> I have 1 media source (IceS or MPD) and 1 Icecast stream (say, LAN
> radio).
> Once in a while I'd like this stream to be interrupted by short
> announcements (PA system).
>
> Input for these announcements can be from another source (IceS, MPD,
> Asterisk call). Anyway, to make things simple: I'd have dir1 with ogg
> music files for "normal" streaming and dir2 with ogg files for
> "announcements".
>
> If I have both sources defined, can I *automatically* move listeners
> to the "announcements" and back to the main stream when all ogg files
> in dir2 have been played? If so, how can I trigger it?
>
> Or, can I merge/mix "announcements" stream with main music stream?

You can also try savonet's liquidsoap audio framework for stream
automation [1].

As well as radiomate [2], which was a GSoC project last summer, to
utilize liquidsoap and enrich it so one can use it as remote automated
radiostation.

[1] http://savonet.sourceforge.net/index.html
[2] http://radiomate.org

hth,