[Icecast] ices2 memory leak on Debian/ARM

TheDarkener thedarkener at logicalnetworking.net
Fri Dec 16 01:30:41 UTC 2011

Hi all.. I'm having a memory leak issue with Ices2 (using package
2.0.1-8 from Debian stable on arm platform)..

I've tried turning off metadata, modifying samplerate, and some other
misc. things that haven't helped. Eventually, during a stream, ices2
will invoke oom-killer and bring the whole system down. It eats about
0.05MB/Sec of memory, so it takes a while, but this plug has 512mb, so
about 2 hours into a stream, it will die.

Any ideas? I can't seem to find anything online, especially regarding my
arch. Nothing really shows up in the logs, even though I have ices set
to 4 (debug) log output. I have a small portion of the strace output
when running ices2... it keeps going, incrementing at the 'brk' calls...
here: http://pastebin.com/5UHpM49s

I have a system with identical configuration, only i386-based (an ASUS
laptop). This system, with the same packages (but different arch)
doesn't experience the memory leak.

Any help or questions for me would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers,
Jordan

--
Jordan (PGP: 0xDA470FF8)