[Icecast] Starting Icecast as a service on CentOS

John List johnlist at gulfbridge.net
Thu Oct 7 17:36:06 UTC 2010

On 10/05/2010 11:52 PM, W2LIE wrote:
> Hi All,
> I've recently upgraded my hosting to a VPS running CentOS.
> I'm trying to configure the VPS to launch Icecast as a service so that
> Icecast starts if the virtual server reboots, or Icecast stops running.
> I've found several scripts out there to place in my init.d folder, but
> nothing seems to work for me as of yet.
>
> Here is my Icecast2 setup:
>
> Location=/usr/local/bin
> CONF_FILE=/usr/local/etc/icecast.xml
>
> Icecast does run fine by itself if I launch it from the command file as
> ./icecast -b -c /usr/local/etc/icecast.xml

What happens when you run the init script from the command line as root?

What happens when you launch the init script with the service command?:

    service icecast status
    service icecast start
    service icecast restart

If that works, then you simply need to enable it under system V.

(I'm currently running Icecast just fine under RHES5.)

john