[Icecast] Forcing an ID on all mountpoints

W2LIE w2lie at w2lie.net
Tue Nov 2 13:13:27 PDT 2010

That is my intention. If 30 min is too many, I would settle for

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 15:50:57 -0400, Brandon Casci
> Just
curious. Does that mean anyone listening will hear an interruption
> every
30 minutes?
> Sent from my iPhone
> On Nov 2, 2010, at 3:35 PM, W2LIE
>> I'm looking for a way to tag my live feeds via an audio
>> every
>> 30 minutes or so using the Linux install of
>> Some of the feeds I control locally, and other feeds are
from remote
>> locations - so implimenting this must be as painless as
possible for each
>> encoding location.
>> As of now, the best way I
can think of to do this is by running 2
>> instances of Icecast. Allowing
the first instance to have the
>> announcement
>> as part of the "intro"
tag, and kick each feed after 30 minutes, and then
>> having the 2nd
instance of Icecast relay all of the feeds from the first
>> Icecast. These
will also be standard announcements, and not rotating
>> commercials.

>> If this is the easiest way to continue, what is the process for
>> a 2nd copy of Icecast on CentOS? Or do I just use icecast -b
-c config.1
>> and icecast -b -c config.2 for each copy I want to run?

>> Thanks for any help in getting this little project finalized.
>> Phil / W2LIE.

Phil / w2lie
Long Island, Inc.
d/b/a W2LIE.net