[Icecast] Camera MJPEG to Icecast

Bino Oetomo bino at indoakses-online.com
Mon Nov 1 10:17:12 UTC 2010

Dear All ...
I have AXIS camera with output mjpeg format.

I try to relay it to outside world using ffmpeg and it work
The recipe is taken from
http://www.daantje.nl/2007/05/07/convert-axis-webcam-stream-to-flash-swfflv/

Now .. I want to do it the otherway with Icecast

I try with wget -nv -O - http://root:root@192.168.10.234/mjpg/video.mjpg
| ffmpeg2theora -a 0 -f mjpeg -o /dev/stdout | oggfwd  192.168.10.232
8000 hackme /matamerapi

the access log said that there is "source" access ...

But when I try to see the active mount point .... there is no active
mount point listed.

I step back and just try to use VLC to play a wmv movie and stream it to
the same mount point ....
It work properly, means ... the mount point is listed as active .. and I
can see the show from other station.

I also tried to forward the ffmeg2theora output using ezstream with :
ezstream -c ./matamerapi.xml .... same result , the mountpoint is not
listed.

My xml for ezstream is below :
-----START----
<ezstream>
    <url>http://192.168.10.232:8000/matamerapi</url>
    <sourcepassword>bino262</sourcepassword>
    <format>THEORA</format>
    <filename>stdin</filename>
    <stream_once>1</stream_once>
    <svrinfoname>My Stream</svrinfoname>
    <svrinfourl>http://www.oddsock.org</svrinfourl>
    <svrinfogenre>Other</svrinfogenre>
    <svrinfodescription>Mata Merapi</svrinfodescription>
    <svrinfopublic>0</svrinfopublic>
</ezstream>

Kindlyplease give me your enlightment to fix this problem

Sincerely
-bino-