[Icecast] live mpeg4 input

Olav Kvittem olav at kvittem.no
Mon May 24 12:26:13 UTC 2010

Mike Murrell wrote:
> I streamed Mpeg4 via QuickTime for several years using the encoder and
> Helios server.  Worked great with a QT player so it can be done but I don't
> know of a way to do it for free.

I presume that separate players is to cumbersome for many users.

Is it possible to use find something  that can encode in real time(flv?)
to a streaming server(icecast?)
and be presented on most platforms like win, mac, linux as Flash do,
paid or not paid ?

I have and impression that html5 with ogg is not implemented widely in
browsers yet.
I noticed that there is a nice java applet(Cortado) that can do ogg,
but I presume java is harder to install and thus less available than Flash.

Olav