[Icecast] Icecast not listening ports?

Jian Du jiandu1991 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 04:04:12 UTC 2010

Hey guys,

First time using a mailing list, hopefully I've done it correctly.

I've installed Icecast, and configured ports 8008 and 8009 in my icecast.xml
file and started the server with
icecast -b -c /etc/icecast.xml

Icecast then loads and I can see the process in the command 'top'

However, I can't access it with my domain URL, I have Shoutcast setup on
this server on different ports and they are accessible via browser.

If I use lynx on the server, it loads the web interface...
lynx http://localhost:8008

When I access it on my computer, safari says I cannot connect on the domain
eg: melody.domain.com:8004 (domain.com being example domain)

Netstat doesn't seem to show icecast listening on the 8008 and 8009 ports
either...

Anything I missed?

Cheers!