[Icecast] Calculating Listeners

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Jun 14 18:13:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 10:24 AM, REC Radio/Colette Tedeschi <
myqueenc at myrecradio.com> wrote:

>  Good Afternoon,
>

> I would really appreciate information on listener stats.  The only way I
> know of viewing any at all is by accessing the icecast server page, but it
> has limited information that only seems to be current not archived.  How can
> I keep a running daily tally as well as the duration each listener? Also,
> what time frame does the listener peak below refer to?

The access log contains sufficient information that you can calculate the
listeners at any point in time. You should process the logs to determine
this information. Icecast won't do that for you directly.

The listener_peak refers to the lifetime of the stream.

Mike