[Icecast] osx client

Bryan Brown bryan.brown at kcsb.org
Tue Jun 8 00:25:10 UTC 2010

Dear Dan,

I would give Nicecast the highest recommendation. We have a dedicated Icecast2 server that we use for remote broadcasts, and Nicecast has handled itself extremely well - even in some pretty high profile situations with consumer-grade connections (e.g. running an ethernet cable to a Linksys WTG54 router for a 3+ hour remote broadcast of a live concert). It also has some additional features that come in handy in a pinch (i.e. archiving, etc).

We use Icecast2/Darkice on a linux box for our normal webstream, and, according to their site, Darkice does run on OS X. But I haven't needed to set it up on a Mac.

Good luck,

Bryan D. Brown
KCSB Chief Engineer