[Icecast] [Possible bug] Invalid Switching on fallover?

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Wed Jun 2 21:32:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Patrick Bohnet wrote:

> this appears to be a potential bug with how I understand fallback to be
> working if two mount points both fallback with override to the same
> (third) mount point... which ever of the two "top" mount points begins
> broadcasting first will "take" all the listeners currently on that
> fallback, no matter where they came from.

I reported this something like 5 or 6 years ago.  I consider it a bug too
but apparently it's meant to work like that.

The (IMHO unecessary) solution is to set up a second fallback mount that
relays the first one so that each mount has its own fallback mount to fall
back to.

Geoff.