[Icecast] Icecast Logs Timestamp in UTC

Bryan D. Brown bryan.brown at kcsb.org
Thu Dec 16 20:29:58 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm having a major problem with the timestamps in both the Icecast access.log and error.log. The timestamp on the logfiles themselves is accurate, but the logging of the various connections to my streams is in UTC.  No matter how I try to configure the hwclock or the system clock, the log timestamp is always UTC, which is 8 hours ahead of my current time zone. I've even tried setting the hwclock to localtime, but to no avail.

I've just updated and compiled to the newest kernel as well, but that still hasn't solved the problem. Clearly, I'm missing something, but I'm at a loss as to what it could be.

I am running Icecast 2.3.2 with Darkice on a Gentoo box (Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz kernel-2.6.36-gentoo-r5). I'm including my conf.d/clock settings and the result of 'date',  'hwclock --show' and 'uname -a' as well. I should also mention that the timestamps in my other logfiles (/var/log/messages for example) are accurately timestamped - the icecast logs are the only place where this UTC issue occurs.

# date
Thu Dec 16 12:24:02 PST 2010
# hwclock --show
Thu Dec 16 12:24:08 2010  -0.156608 seconds
# uname -a
Linux live 2.6.36-gentoo-r5 #2 SMP Thu Dec 16 10:56:44 PST 2010 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

# /etc/conf.d/clock
CLOCK="UTC"
TIMEZONE=""
CLOCK_OPTS=""
CLOCK_SYSTOHC="YES"
### ALPHA SPECIFIC OPTIONS ###
SRM="no"
ARC="no"

(/etc/locatime is copied from /usr/share/zoneinfo/PST8PDT)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Bryan