[Icecast] Icecast source with updateable metadata?

telmnstr at 757.org telmnstr at 757.org
Fri Dec 10 17:51:11 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

   I'm not new to Icecast, but I've always used Darkice. A new project
friends and myself are building for fun utilizes a Rivendell automation
setup that will run on one computer, then a source client for icecast on a
2nd computer with a mixer inbetween.

   I'm looking to push the title information from the Rivendell system over
to the system that will have the icecast source. The icecast source
program needs to have some interface to modify the title information
(metadata) while encoding, not just at the start.

   I'm looking for a source client that allows updating of the stream
information real time. In darkice it's set in the config and it doesn't
allow modification of this. Do any of the other source clients allow this?

   I've looked at MuSE and it didn't appear to, although the documentation
file is offline. I haven't begun building them all looking for the
feature. Anyone know of one that can do this?

   If it comes down to it we can possibly hack one of them to do it. Just
thought I'd check!