[Icecast] How to get listed in dir.xiph.org?

John Hicks johnlist at gulfbridge.net
Sat Oct 17 23:43:16 UTC 2009

I've been trying to tweak my icecast.xml file to get listed in
xip.xiph.org, but am not making any progress.
I'm running icecast 2.3.1 and darkice 0.19

Here are what I think are the relvant parts of icecast.xml:
    <directory>
        <yp-url-timeout>15</yp-url-timeout>
        <yp-url>http://dir.xiph.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi</yp-url>
    </directory>
and
    <mount>
        <mount-name>/stream.ogg</mount-name>
        <fallback-mount>/Silence.ogg</fallback-mount>
        <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
        <hidden>0</hidden>
        <no-yp>0</no-yp>
        <public>1</public>
    </mount>

I don't see anything in my darkice.cfg file that is yp specific.

Am I doing something wrong?

How often is the directory refreshed? (How patient should I be?)

Thanks,

John