[Icecast] running icecast on top of hadoop

Thomas B. Ruecker dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Nov 9 12:25:59 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 07:18:36PM +0800, Juan Backson wrote:
> I have MP3 files stored inside hadoop's HDFS.
that is of no relevance to icecast itself as it is not meant to handle any sort of file directly (for primary streaming purposes)

> Is there anyway of running icecast on top of those MP3 files ?
sure get any source client that can read mp3 files and encode them into a stream.
We recommend encoding into an ogg/vorbis stream. The encoded stream is independent of the file formats used anyway as reencoding is a necessary step in most source clients.

> Is there any help on how to do it?
there should be plenty of howtos on the topic of playlist based source clients feeding icecast.

possible source clients include but are not limited to:
liquidsoap, mpd, ezstream, ...

cheers

Thomas