[Icecast] EZStream questions

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sun May 3 02:30:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

I just installed the latest EZStream and have a couple of what I feel are
probably pretty stupid questions.

1.  How to disable metadata sending.  The manual page suggests that this
is possible but I lose track about halfway through the section on
metadata.  If someone can demistify this for me it'd be great, as I don't
really want listeners to see the filename of my files.

2.  I had EZStream fail to run today because a config file was "group or
world writeable".  Why should it care?  Surely it's not EZStream's job to
enforce security policies.  If there's a good reason then maybe print a
warning, but don't refuse to run.  I might have good reasons for group
access to my config files.  In addition, given that EZStream is probably
best suited to a hands-off operation, this kind of thing really shouldn't
make it fail.  It failed to start on time for me today because of this and
I was left scratching my head for a few minutes.  Fortunately I was right
in front of my PC when it happened otherwise a program would have failed
to air at all.

Geoff.