[Icecast] Sources can't connect to my server

Eric Kolotyluk eric at sfu.ca
Thu Jun 18 02:43:32 UTC 2009

I have IceCast 2.3.1 running on Window XP SP3 as a windows service.

My computer is behind a d-link router, and the router is configured to
pass through to port 8000 on my computer.

On the same computer I am running WinAmp with an oddcast dsp and
streaming work fine, people beyond my router can listen no problem.

I also have a laptop running Windows Vista SP2 with WinAmp and a Spacial
dsp, which also streams fine.

The problem is, no source on the other side of my router can connect to
my server. I can't figure out what the problem could be. Does anyone
have any ideas?

Cheers, Eric