[Icecast] OpenSolaris, Dark Ice and broken socket — any thoughts? :-)

BM bogdan.maryniuk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 00:36:07 UTC 2009

Hi!
Here we're trying to crank IceCast server 2.3.2 (OpenSolaris x86,
2009.06 release) that is receiving stuff from Dark Ice, running on
FreeBSD (still). Everything fubar, but at some moment streaming
evaporates and socket closed at IceCast side. But I would mention that
we've moved server to another ISP, so I still suspect this is not
OpenSolaris + IceCast problem. However, if somebody could hint me
where to dig, I would be appreciate that!

Logs: nothing special, hence asking. Simply socket closed, and that's it.

I can not figure out what helps: restarting IceCast or Dark Ice,
because it works somewhat random. :( Sometimes restarting IceCast
helps to restore streaming, but sometimes not. I am quite puzzled...

I've compiled IceCast latest version w/o problems on OpenSolaris. In
packages we have 1.x and 2.3.1 versions as well, but effect is exactly
same. This makes me wondering that it is nothing to deal with IceCast
on OpenSolaris and problem is elsewhere, but, again, if someone would
hint me some workarounds or something that could help solve this, I
would appreciate that.

Anyone, please? Thanks in advance.

--
Kind regards, BM

Things, that are stupid at the beginning, rarely ends up wisely.