[Icecast] Delaying a live MP3 stream

Jayant Shah jayants at tangerinedigital.com
Sat Apr 18 06:57:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've been using Icecast for live and recorded audio (MP3) streams for a fair
bit of time. I need to delay a live stream by a finite period (somewhere in
the order of 5 minutes or so, the delay doesn't have to be very accurate).
Does anyone know of an application or a plugin which can do this readily? I
would assume it will be some sort of FIFO buffering app. My preferred
platform is Windows Server, but a Linux based solution would do as well, in
the absence of anything else.

My current config is Winamp + Edcast streaming to an Icecast server.

Would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
Jayant Shah