[Icecast] Problems using Intro function for a mountpoint

Pierpaolo Gulla airteknology at gmail.com
Thu May 29 16:12:01 UTC 2008

Hi guys ,

I'm using icecast 2.3.1 and all works very well  .

Now I'm reading the icecast documentation for the advanced feature ,
like the intro for a mountpoint.

I set it , and when I connct to the stream I see the intro , but later
the intro finished (it during about 45 sec) , the real streaming doesn't
arrive!!!

If  i remove the intro tag , the stream works well.

I post my config files , hoping that is usefull.

Big thanks

Pierpaolo

<!-- This config file contains a minimal set of configurable parameters,
     and mostly just contains the things you need to change.  We created
     this for those who got scared away from the rather large and heavily
     commented icecast.xml.dist file. -->
<icecast>
    <limits>
        <sources>8</sources>
    </limits>
    <authentication>
        <source-password>hackme</source-password>
        <relay-password>hackme</relay-password>
        <admin-user>admin</admin-user>
        <admin-password>hackme</admin-password>
    </authentication>
    <directory>
        <yp-url-timeout>15</yp-url-timeout>
        <yp-url>http://dir.xiph.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi</yp-url>
    </directory>
    <hostname>localhost</hostname>
    <listen-socket>
        <port>8000</port>
    </listen-socket>
    <fileserve>1</fileserve>
    <paths>
        <logdir>/var/log/icecast2</logdir>
        <webroot>/usr/local/share/icecast/web</webroot>
        <adminroot>/usr/local/share/icecast/admin</adminroot>
        <alias source="/" dest="/status.xsl"/>
    </paths>
    <logging>
        <accesslog>access.log</accesslog>
        <errorlog>error.log</errorlog>
          <loglevel>3</loglevel> <!-- 4 Debug, 3 Info, 2 Warn, 1 Error -->
    </logging>
    <mount>
        <mount-name>/testmount.ogg</mount-name>
        <authentication type="htpasswd">
                <option name="filename"
value="/var/www/icecast_auth/1.txt"/>
                <option name="allow_duplicate_users" value="1"/>
        </authentication>
<!--<intro>/intro.ogg</intro> -->
        <stream-name>My audio stream</stream-name>
        <stream-description>My audio description <a
href="www.google.it">ciao</a></stream-description>
        <stream-url>http://some.place.com</stream-url>
        <genre>classical</genre>
        <bitrate>300</bitrate>
        <type>application/ogg</type>
<fallback-mount>/unsecondo_vhook.ogg</fallback-mount>
<on-connect>/etc/somad/script/script_wget</on-connect>
    </mount>
<security>
    <chroot>0</chroot>
    <changeowner>