[Icecast] regarding ices

Thomas B. Ruecker dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed May 28 13:50:50 UTC 2008

neeraj suriyal schrieb:
> Dear sir,
> please find the log files
>
> 2008/5/28 Thomas B. Ruecker <dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de
> <mailto:dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de>>:
>
>     neeraj suriyal schrieb:
>
>         Dear all,
>         i am unable to configure ices2 propery, while running it is
>         showing mount fail error.
>
>     Please attach that part of the Log. My crystal ball is out for
>     repair this week.
>
>     Also looking at icecast's error-log is reported to provide
>     enlightement in such situations.

Next time _please_ enclose only the relevant parts. 2,8M is a _lot_

You have a lot of this:
[2008-05-28 04:57:43] INFO connection/_handle_source_request Source
(/neeraj/song-dump) attempted to login with invalid or missing password

with changing mountpoint names in the brackets.

In the beginning you used /example1.ogg which worked fine as for the
login but the source client disconnected immediately. The reason for
that might be in the ices.log:

[2008-05-28  10:27:58] INFO playlist-builtin/playlist_read Currently playing "/usr/local/icecast2/music/Dilbar Dil Se.ogg"
[2008-05-28  10:27:58] WARN playlist-builtin/playlist_read Corrupt or missing data in file (/usr/local/icecast2/music/Dilbar Dil Se.ogg)

You seem to have a lot of things going wrong there.

But the error messages speak for themselves. So please try to figure it out with those hints and always check the end of the log if it still doesn't work.

Thomas