[Icecast] Alternative playlist based on referrer URL?

telmnstr at 757.org telmnstr at 757.org
Fri Mar 21 18:15:51 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

   We run a site that streams local police/fire/rescue onto the internet.

   We run a large number of feeds.

   We find that other people on the internet directly link to the feeds,
and take credit. Some actually collect donations, even though we provide
the service.

   I would be interested in a setup so there is an "authorized list of
referrers" .. that is, sites we allow to directly link to us. If the
client referrer comes from some place else, then an alternative playlist
is used with a static file that explains that we do not allow outside
links to the feeds, especially those that take credit for our work. So
please use the proper website.

   Any suggestions?

 			- Ethan