[Icecast] Re: Icecast Digest, Vol 46, Issue 1

Geoff Shang Geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Thu Mar 20 12:57:52 UTC 2008

Pierpaolo Gull~Ha wrote:

> I'm running icecast for streaming auvio and video in vorbis and theora , and
> my users can see my streaming on my webpage , where I use cortado web layer.
>
> SO my problem it's that my user can see easily the icecast address and can
> connect to it with mediaplayer like vlc , without use my website.
>
> So I want to manage the ip that can see , access , to the stream.
>
> In my ideas I admin to access only the web server ip , and my lan ip .
>
> I can do it?

You can do it, but this won't help you.  Unless I'm very much mistaken, the
Cortado player runs in the user's web browser, so their computer will need
to be able to access the stream.

Perhaps if Cortado sends a User Agent header identifying itself then you
could write an authenticator which only accepts connections from Cortado
from outside your LAN and from anything from inside.

Geoff.