[Icecast] Buffer in IceCast

Taner Sener tanersener at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:25:09 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to establish a radio station using Icecast but I need a
recommendation about a problem. I hope you can give me some tips about the
issue.

My case is: my icecast server and ice cast client are in different locations
and connection between these two is not so healthy. Sometimes network
problems causes client to loose connection with server and this causes
server to broadcast silence to the listeners. I want to get rid of this.
What I wonder is if IceCast Server buffers some amount of time before
broadcasting it to the listeners. I mean the stream data in the buffer can
be broadcasted to listeners when connection between server and client is
lost. I think if there is such kind of implementation it can help me on
solving this issue.

Thanks,