[Icecast] Can icecast stream a file from disk?

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Wed Jun 4 14:54:09 UTC 2008

    I'll toss in here and augment with Wade's remarks. Absolutely this is
not an optimal use of icecast but may actually result in reduced complexity
for deployment for people who need to stream both dynamic and static
content. For example, if we have a live streaming site but we want to put
some sample static content in the profile of the band who will be streamed
later - going ahead and using icecast to stream that static file on demand
eliminates the need for me to setup a seperate configuration/server to
handle the static files. Certainly not a dea-breaker but a nice-to-have
option I think.

  -- Ben