[Icecast] intro doesn't work

Kassai Istvan kako at zhnet.hu
Sat Jan 19 16:27:03 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I've an icecast 2.3.1 server to broadcast one ogg/vorbis stream. I
wanted to set it up to play an intro.ogg "spot" for every new listeners,
but doesn't work. It is almost sure I misconfigured something, but don't
know what.
As I tried at first to put the intro.ogg into "/" dir of the server, but
found an info at a website, the intro.ogg <WEBROOT> directory, but
nothing. There is not any error in the log, just doesn't play.
Has anybody a full, working icecast.xml ? please share it to me!

thanks
kako